|Client||Ministry of Education|
PAPA Architects in collaboration with other Architectural Firms, won a joint venture competition for the renovation of an existing five storey 1950’s building in the old town of Nicosia. The building is programmed to house the extensive collection of the Cyprus national Gallery, which includes sculptures and paintings. The renovation takes into account all necessary services and circulation requirements for the correct functionality of a modern gallery. A contemporary metal and timber structure will be added to the roof top, which will serve as a function room as well as a night bar for external guests.
This new site opened its doors to the public for the first time in January 2019.